2017 Club Management Seminar
"Streamlining your Club"
Saturday 17 June 2017
0830 - 1200
Jaguar Healey Clubrooms
23 Rosalie Street
SPRINGVALE (Melway 80 A8)
There is no charge to AOMC Member Clubs but to assist catering please register with the AOMC office before Tuesday 12 June with :
- The names of persons attending &
- The Club they are representing
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
The topics are most relevant to Club Secretary, Treasurer and President although any Committee member would be most welcome. If your club has any newly elected office bearers then they should attend, perhaps with a senior Committee Person as a mentor.
If you think that your club Committee does not need any help then you are probably WRONG !!
We can't offer a guarantee, but from previous AOMC Management Seminars and the calibre of our speakers we are very sure that you will pick up something that will simplify the operation of your club and attract people to your management committee.
Registration and light refreshments on Arrival from 0800.
Streamlining your Club
Club Management & Executive responsibilities
Club Finances and what are the responsibilities and tasks of a Committee and how can they be streamlined? Key Speaker will be Patrick Timmons of Conscious Governance Pty Ltd. He will address some aspects of club management to help your club run more effectively. He is from one of Australia's leading Not for Profit motivational speaking groups. Topics will include:
Key elements of the main roles - Secretary, Treasurer etc
- Legal responsibilities of the committee
- Financial Policies and Internal Controls - how to avoid fraud
- Insurances - what they are and what they cover
- Simplifying and managing meetings (reducing waffle and making the formalities interesting and quick).
- Allocating tasks early in a new Committee (use a yearly calendar with major events and formal responsibilities listed and understood).
- How to take minutes and record action points.
- How to record and present finances (simplifying accounts that everyone can understand).
- How to select and encourage potential Committee members.
- Succession planning
Club Magazine Production (Graham Deahl, Ann Isaacs)
What software to use. How to select a printer. How to submit your copy to the printer. How to mail out to members etc will be covered.
Use of Social Media (Cameron Jenkins)
How to get maximum value from the various forms of social media.
- 1001 Varieties
- Dos and Don'ts
Club Managment Software (Rachelle Dyer)
This free software developed within a major AOMC car club enables you to easily maintain your member database, including addresses, fees, vehicles etc. Its features will be demonstrated.
Other AOMC services and publications will be available on the day.